Thursday, August 1, 2019

A test reading of FLEE



For the last three years I’ve thrown around the idea of doing audiobooks for my novels. A lot of readers have asked for this over the years (some have poor vision, making reading difficult, others are simply too busy to sit down with a book and would rather listen on the go). I’ve always said no, because it was simply too big of an investment in time and resources.

In spite of all that, with STAND finally in the bag and about to be released, I’ve decided to do a ‘test reading’ of one of my books. This means I’ve recorded one chapter (the first chapter of FLEE) and uploaded it to my channel. Depending on its reception, I will either continue to upload chapters or not.

Going into this project, I knew that one of the most daunting aspects would be that of voice acting. While film, directing, and acting are all interests of mine, I don’t believe I have the chops to portray characters on camera, and I’m not sure I’d do much better on a solely audio format.

So, this is a test. If you enjoy this snippet, help me out by leaving a ‘thumbs up’ on the video. If you feel it’s lacking, don’t be afraid to give it a ‘thumbs down’. In a few days I’ll look at the votes and decide how to proceed. Thanks, and I hope at least some of you will enjoy! (I’ll admit, it was fun to do!)

5 comments:

  1. Okay I’m done searching and just going to ask.....

    Could you let us know where we can find your link to contribute to your writing. I understand you are not writing for any financial gain but occasionally I might like to show appreciation for your effort to provide good clean and encouraging reading entertainment. I recall finding it buried on this blog.

    Can you un-burry it please...👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judith, what a kind gesture! Thank you very much. You can find a link to the donate button on the right side of this page, under the "About Me" section.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh thanks for your response. I could not seem to remember...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi EK. I have read all your books at least twice and enjoy “your blog. Thank you for your courage in opening up our imaginations to the events that could take place. I am so excited about the release of Stand, and I love the audio on Flee. I listen to each chapter. Thanks for your efforts !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for listening, a new chapter is being uploaded as I type this!

      Delete