Monday, June 10, 2019

Checking in...

Hi all, hope you're doing well! Just a little post to say that I'm still alive and kicking and things are going well. I don't currently have any podcasts episodes in production as I've been trying to put as much of my free time into finishing STAND. That said, it's proceeding as planned and is still on track for a late August release.

As that deadline nears, I'm gradually beginning to dread finally putting an end to this saga. As I mentioned in a recent podcast about developing characters, penning the final chapter in any book is always a bittersweet moment. On the one hand, finishing a novel is an exhilarating accomplishment and feels simply wonderful. On the other hand, it means saying goodbye to characters I've become close with, and it's safe to say this trilogy more than any previous book has resulted in a a cast of characters I'll truly miss being around. In spite of that, I am excited to bring this series to a conclusion and can't wait to share the finale with all of you. (And I sincerely hope it lives up to your expectations!) When I first set about writing a trilogy back in 2016 I knew I was leaping into an ambitious project, but I'm relieved to know that I stuck with it through the ups and downs and am so close to the finish line.

So, what's next? I know many of you have requested another foray into paradise territory, while others have hoped for more modern-day adventures à la The Bloom of Youth. While I'm not opposed to either idea, nothing solid in either vein is currently in the works.

What is in the works, however, is a new project I plan to announce more as soon as STAND is finished and on the shelves. What I can say is that it's something I've had on the back burner for a while now, and the pieces have finally fallen in place to proceed. It's still in its early stages of development, but what's beginning to take form is incredibly exciting to me, and I can't wait to share.

So stay tuned!

8 comments:

  1. So excited for Stand. I am currently rereading Flee and Stay in preparation ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karie, I hope you enjoy the conclusion of the saga!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for all of the above!!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also looking forward to reading the last of the trilogy with my husband. And knowing what the next project will be. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you both. Looking forward to sharing much more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. August can't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Convention and the release of Stand in late August!!! Cant wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking so forward to Book 3!! My wife Anita and I have read the first 2 multiple times. We are heading to the International in Uttrecht, Netherlands in August. What a treat to find that STAND will be out right after! BTW - really enjoyed Bloom of Youth. Having grown up in the truth, so many things resonated. I didn't realize until checking on the status of your upcoming book, that you have a podcast. Can't wait to check it out. Greetings from Florida!

    ReplyDelete