Monday, January 8, 2018

The last two months

…Have been busy! So busy that I haven’t had a chance to post to this blog (or even check the comments). For those who’ve commented recently on my posts, thanks very much. I especially appreciate the support regarding the post I made about updating “All Things New”. The book is still available on Amazon but I’ll be removing it shortly to work on the revision.

As for STAY, the second book in the FLEE series, it’s coming along nicely, although it’s been a bit slow going the last couple of months due to me getting tied up in another side project. (Regarding this project, I’m very eager to share with you all what I’m working on, as I think it’s something that will appeal to many readers (though it’s not a book), but it’s too early now to talk about it, so I’ll just leave it at this.)

If I’m being completely honest, this side project (which is spiritually-themed, but very different than anything I’ve worked on before), has sidetracked me a bit because it’s very involved but has me creatively engaged in a way completely different than writing a novel. However, as with so many things in life, I’m finding many connections between it and my writing, and constantly learning new things that I think will really improve the way I approach my books in the future.

I got a good reminder from a friend, though, who knows about this project I’m working on but is also a reader of the books. It was pretty straightforward: “Finish the books first!” So that was a good wake-up call, and I’m back on track with writing on a daily schedule. Feel free to badger me in the comments to keep me on the ball and get this series finished!

That said, I think you all are going to enjoy the second book. It’s been a blast to write so far. :)

5 comments:

  1. We are so looking forward to the next installment. Any guesstimate of when it will be ready?
    🌺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping/aiming for an April release, but I don't want to promise anything. I'm about 60% done with it, though.

      Delete
  2. Hey keep writing. The end is coming and you have to finish first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder Dennis! I'm doing my best. :D

      Delete
  3. We LOVED flee. Excited for Stay. We like to read thwm out loud to each other. So much fun. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete