Thursday, January 18, 2018

For the musically inclined...

Hello again!

So... as it turns out, this new project (see my last post) is actually taking shape much quicker than I had previous envisioned. While I'm still making progress on the new novels, I'm also starting to carve out a bit more time for this new project (sorry for being so secretive, it's simply too early to reveal).

In preparation for going into production for this project, myself and the other brothers managing this thing (it's a bit too big for any one person to handle), are looking for a music composer. Ideally, we'd love to find someone experienced in composing acoustic/digital music who is a brother or sister.

(Obviously, we're not looking for freebies, we know music composition is hard work!)

Anyhow, if you fit the bill and are interested in possibly collaborating, please contact me at allthingsnewnovel (at) gmail (dot) com.

If you know of someone who you think might be interested, tell them about this post and encourage them to email me for more details. (Please don't send me the email addresses of people you know who make music; I'd rather they take the initiative so I know it's something they're actually interested in.)

As always, thank you for your support! The last time I asked for some help (regarding prison witnessing experience), the response was pretty overwhelming.

Thank you!

P.S. I should probably mention here a bit of what may come as bad news to some of you… I'm no longer pursuing the audiobook option. To be fair, I looked into it quite a bit. I even borrowed a bunch of professional recording equipment from a friend, built a tiny recording area in my office, and did some online tutorials for learning how to use audio editing software. Alas, just to record and edit together a single chapter in one of my books was a mammoth project, and there's simply no way I can afford to hire out the work. (Typically, I found through my research, audiobooks are recorded over several-week sessions by a team of professionals including a voice actors (or actors), a proofreader, and an audio technician. But I'm just one guy!) Anyhow, I apologize to those of you who were hoping to listen to audiobook versions of my work, but it doesn't seem to be a likelihood anytime soon...

3 comments:

  1. You... you are preparing a little movie :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love, one day, to direct a film, but I'm not there yet. If I were to do a film, I'd want to do it properly with a professional end result, and I've nowhere near the means to accomplish that currently!

      Maybe one day.

      Delete
    2. So it's an audiobook version ? :D

      Delete