Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Critical Times Excerpt

You can read an excerpt for my latest novel, Critical Times, here.

And let me just say, I am nervous. Nervous because this book has a very different feel to it than my first two, and I'm not sure how readers will receive it.

Although there was a clear sense of conflict in both All Things New (between the interviewees and the things they faced during the Tribulation) and The Unrighteous (between the Lewis family and the unrighteous resurrected they were assigned to), these were both essentially paradise novels. The protagonists were nearing perfection and part of the enjoyment for the reader was in watching the characters grow. The settings of the novels were relaxing and peaceful, and reading it was meant to be a soothing experience.

Critical Times is a totally different animal. It's got a lot more conflict, as it's set during the most tumultuous period in mankind's history, the Great Tribulation...

I'd say more, but I don't want to spoil anything. Just keep in mind: this isn't another paradise novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment