Friday, July 26, 2019

STAND now in the proofing process

That's right! The final draft of STAND was completed yesterday afternoon and sent off to the editors, who've already begun writing back with their input. As always, their suggestions are proving invaluable (no matter how many times I comb through a manuscript I can never manage to catch all the errors).

In addition, the FLEE blogsite has been updated to prepare for the serial release for the new book, the first chapter of which will coincide with the release of the full book on Amazon.

Here's the synopsis:  

With Angelica missing and tensions rising aboard their rig, Peter Burton and the other overseers face new trials as they strive to keep the friends calm. In the Pacific, a separate Witness convoy embarks on its own journey, with many challenges just on the horizon. Meanwhile, in Namibia, the brothers and sisters are hard at work preparing the colonies while pressures from governmental authorities continue to mount…

STAND is nearly 120,000 words long, roughly fifty percent longer than the previous two books. (This is one of the reasons it took so much longer to write than the others.) Can't wait to share it!

8 comments:

  1. And I can't wait to read it to my husband...

    We are looking forward to savoring every last word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Looking forward to reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I become an editor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, if you're interested in helping edit a future book, you can get in touch directly through the "Contact Me" link on the side of this page.

      Delete
  4. Yesssssss!!!! Perfect way to end summer! So exciting! I loved your podcast on the wistful emotions you felt in completing this trilogy. In a sort of way, we as readers feel that way with the characters too. After I'm done enjoying a particular family of characters (such as in your writings) I always miss them for a time when I've completed the book. Thanks for such refreshing and excellent writings! It's a fun joy to read fiction like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I'm excited for the release too. And yes, as a reader previously I had on many occasions come away from a finished novel missing the characters. At the time, I never considered what the author of the stories had experienced, but now I know! It isn't easy saying goodbye!

      Delete
  5. Awesome!!! But when is the release date for digital/paperback versions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too sure yet, but as soon as I know for sure I will post the date here. My best estimate now is the end of this month (August).

      Delete