Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Two more podcast episodes + I'm finally over writer's block!

Writer's block, as I've mentioned in a previous post, is one of the most frustrating and scary things that can happen to a writer. It can feel like a vacuum of ideas and inspiration, where sitting down in front of the computer results in random sentences fit only for delete key fodder. It can be maddening.

As has become a pattern with my writing, the completion of the last book left me a little exhausted and not at all in the mood to work on other books. And so, for the last three months, I took a break to work on other things and recharge my batteries.

These last two weeks, though, I've been feeling excited to write again, starting of course with the completion of The Bloom of Youth and then with the final book of the FLEE series, which is good news for both of us!

In other news, I've got a few podcasts up. In episode #007 I explain how creative writing can help us develop empathy, and how I personally experienced this while writing Critical Times. In episode #008, I share some of the research that went into writing Martin Landretti's doomsday bunker from the last book, STAY. It's a fascinating topic!

Feel free to check out the podcasts below:



2 comments:

  1. Oh goody! I can't wait for book 3 of the Flee series. I'm probably going to re-read the first two while I wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen! Thanks for your comment. It'll probably be some months still before I can finish the last book, but I'll let everyone know here as soon as it's ready.

    ReplyDelete