Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Help a brother out?

A snapshot of my working document for Critical Times... Almost there!

As the final editing process wraps up on Critical Times, I'm already itching to start a new project. A  list of six or seven ideas (some with the entire character sheets and story arc outlines) has fleshed out over the last year or so on my laptop. Going forward, it's merely a matter of choosing the story that seems right for development now. I say this because I suspect that most of these stories will be suitable for telling sooner or later, but that doesn't mean they're all equally appropriate for 2016/2017. (Case in point: although the fundamental elements for Critical Times were floating around in my head as early as 2014, it wasn't until our articles vividly depicted the Great Tribulation that I started working on the book.)

So here we are. Going forward. What to work on next? As stated, I'm itching to get started on something fresh and exciting, something that will take me and the readers to a place we haven't been before. Many of the ideas (and I won't go into specifics here, sorry!)  should push the boundaries of my writing. They'll likely all require copious research and unique approaches to storytelling, but isn't that half the fun? ;)

Of course, there's always the chance of the author's will go too far, will write too much for himself/herself, that no one else besides the author will enjoy the finished result. This is a real possibility, and for this reason many authors go to great lengths to understand their reader demographic. I've given this some thought as well, and although I certainly want to steer free of writing exclusively for one kind of reader, I've decided it certainly wouldn't hurt to know who's reading these books. For that reason, I've set up a poll here (see the right column). If possible, take a minute to fill it out.

In the meantime, I'll be here, slumped over my laptop, putting the final touches on Critical Times...

3 comments: