Sunday, August 16, 2020

Bloom of Youth Audio Book finished

Hey! Good news for those of you who enjoyed listening to the first chapter of the audio book for The Bloom of Youth! The entire book is recorded, edited, and submitted for the Audible review process. What I've found about this process, however, is that the time needed for approval varies wildly. My first audio book, FLEE, took nearly five months to go through the process. The second, The Unrighteous, took less than two weeks!

So really, it's anyone's guess how long this third audio book will take, but rest assured, I'll be letting you all know here once it's available.

Recording this audio book was quite the experience, as I did it while relocating across the globe. Due to the pandemic and sudden visa changes, my wife and I were forced to leave our previous home of eleven years and return to the United States. This means that approximately half of the book was recorded in my old office, a room in our high rise apartment, late at night when the traffic outside wasn't loud enough to show up in the audio. The second half was recorded in the home we are staying at now, which belongs to family. Living with more people and being in a new environment meant a lot of trial and error with recording times and locations, trying to find that sweet spot that would match the audio from the previous half of the book. Eventually, I managed, and I hope the transition from one recording locale to the next isn't too noticeable!

In other news, I haven't touched The Bloom of Youth 2 much in the last couple of months, but now that I'm settling in here and I've got much more time on my hands than before, I'll start chipping away at the remainder of the project. I still plan to release it this fall, so stay tuned...

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, I might just have to check out the unrighteous recorded version. I read it quite some time ago and enjoyed it. I think I would enjoy hearing you read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judith! Actually, The Unrighteous was read by a brother from the UK, but this most recent audio book is narrated by myself.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for all the hard work. I'm so glad you took the leap and became a writer. Your books have brought me a lot of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There’s my friend EK. Glad you are home and safe. Read your books many times. Have you read books from our brothers Thomas Walker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I have read his first novel, but not the later ones. I actually rarely read fiction these days; I prefer non-fiction, strangely enough!

      Delete
  4. I'm waiting for Time and Unforseen

    ReplyDelete